This morning I woke up, ate some Cream of Wheat with cocoa powder mixed in, and turned on the compy.
And what did I find?
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Oopsie23 from Broken Condoms had bestowed the Liebster Award on my little corner of the Internets! Thank you, my bloggy friend! She is also an expectant mom who runs a nice site making light of all the ridiculousness that is pregnancy. She keeps it real, which we like. A LOT.
The Liebster Award is intended for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. “The purpose is to help give awesome blogs a bit of a nudge in the way of followers and fans.”
I get five choices for blogs I love. I know; only five? There are so many I love a lot. I may just have to introduce a blogrole sidebar to The Waiting. I have tried to whittle it down:
1. Krug the Thinker: If you’ve ever perused my About page, you’ve seen Cameron, my besfrinn (albeit it’s from when she was 17). She launched her lifestyle blog around the same time that I did and it pretty much runs circles around mine.
2. Cristen’s Corner : Cristen’s blog is fresh, witty, and awesome and I enjoy it so much every time I head over there.
3. Wet Casements : My pick for expat life in Korea. The posts are bite-sized and always make me think/laugh/reminisce.
4. Duke’s House : I am currently living vicariously though Brit. She’s expecting, traveling the world, and running an awesome blog that I love dropping in on.
5. Not Another Mother : Ashley is a really new mom who wrote awesomely about her pregnancy and now writes beautifully about her new little baby girl.
Now, if you want to keep the ball rolling and accept the award:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
4. Hope that our followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
Thanks again! I have SO MUCH to tell you about what’s been going on at my homestead, so stay tuned and I’ll get a preggo post up later today!