There is nothing more fun than sitting around waiting for your water to break and to start experiencing what could be the most intense pain you have ever felt.
And actually wanting it. Bring it on, Bebe.
This is my life. It’s pretty quiet in my little apartment here in North Carolina these days, and while I’ve got loads of ideas for edifying, educational posts such as why Burt Wolf is the greatest of all the PBS travel show hosts (and I can give you like thirty-four reasons right off the top of my head) and how kimchi saved my life, I just can’t focus long enough to compose them.
Ergo I was pleased to see that my great pal on the interwebz Liquorstore Bear had tagged me in the Guten Tag game and invited me to tell you more tidbits about myself that you never wanted to know. The composition of such a post is fun and indulgent and I’m all about fun and indulgent these days. My life will soon be tinted with meconium and boob juice and I’m a diligent enough blogger to keep those aspects away from you, gentle readers. I’m working hard to distract myself from these facts of life.
So here are the rules:
- Post the rules
- Answer the questions
- Create 11 new questions
- Tag 11 people with a link to your post
- Let them know you’ve tagged them
- Do you have a test or tests that help you judge someone’s character? As a former server, I watch people when I go out to eat with them. How they treat the server is a pretty good indication of how awesome/hateful they are.
- When did you first feel like a grown-up? This morning. Receiving the request to complete this Guten Tag post was a pretty clear indication that I had arrived.
- What is something you read that made you wish you could write that well? Eloise at the Plaza Hotel. I still wish I could be as awesome as her (Hilary Knight AND Eloise).
- What do you say when you answer the phone? “Talk to me”, a la Uncle Jesse.
- Have you ever stiffed someone on a tip? Once, accidentally. I was taking a cab to Union Station in Chi-town to catch a train to Memphis for my wedding. I was in such a tizzy with my wedding dress and trousseau comprised of Milk Duds and a copy of Bram Stoker’s Dracula in tow that I completely blanked and forget to tip the cabby. I am a heel, I know.
- Do you have a favorite writing utensil? Not really, but I was once made fun at no end by a group of coworkers for using the term “writing utensil.” It’s pretty geeky, when you think about it.
- Do you use a calendar? Not really. I don’t have enough going on to need one.
- Do you have road rage? It depends on where I’m driving. Not so much in Memphis (inexplicable), moderately in Chicago (Dan Ryan expressway), and absolutely in Fayetteville (home of all things vile on the road).
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Neither, I’m a midday monster.
- What surprised you about blogging when you first started? How few trolls have found me.
- If you could drink anything at all, what would you choose? Oh Lord, this is too hard. I haven’t had an adult drink in ten months, so they all sound fantastic. The first thing that pops into my head, though, is Hoegaarten on tap.
Now for the eleven questions I am concocting:
- Coke or Pepsi? Or Fanta (we don’t judge)?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?
- Describe your first crush.
- How often do you respond to/ pass along blogging honors, such as the Versatile Blogging Award?
- Where would you travel if you could go anywhere?
- Did you have cable TV growing up?
- What’s the most interesting thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Why do you blog?
- What’s the worst gift you’ve ever been given?
- Any baby advice?
And the lucky bloggers I’m passing this on to: